Our 24/7 operation is built on the reliability and consistent quality of industry-leading Heidelberg presses and HP’s Indigo printers.
We have 8 lithographic presses, 6 of which feature AutoPlate Change, and 5 have Inpress Control. The average age of a Bishops’ press is just over 3 years. Our approach of continuous investment underwrites the quality, speed and reliability of our service and means consistent colour quality print, reliably delivered at a competitive price.
Computerised estimating, order processing, production and stock control mean we deliver an efficient service from inbound enquiry to the finished product.
- printIQ management workflow system
- Screen PTR 8900 Z MAL B1 platesetter for computer-to-plate output (x2)
- Heidelberg Prinect v18 Printready JDF workflow system
- Enfocus Pitstop server
- Enfocus Switch
- Apple iMac (x 9 terminals)
- Apple Mac Mini (x4)
- IBM compatible PC
- Epson Stylus 9900 pro
- Heidelberg Cool Tool v18
- Konica Minolta Bizhub Laser Printers (x4)
- Secure FTP site
On-going, heavy investment in our presses means unrivalled litho printing capacity combined with environmentally sensitive processes.
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change and Inpress Control (2019)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change and Inpress Control (2017)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change and Inpress Control (2015)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change and Inpress Control (2014)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change (2013)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 8-colour 4/4 perfector with AutoPlate Change and Inpress Control (2019)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster SX74 5-colour straight (2015)
- Heidelberg B2 SX 74 6-colour 1/5 perfector (2012)
AutoPlate Change slashes the time taken to change a set of ten plates from 15 minutes to less than 5 minutes. Inpress Control is an optional extra we have chosen to invest in as this provides the highest level of electronic colour control, measuring colour on set-up and during the print run to provide perfectly reproduced and consistent images on every job. This feature also reduces waste by using up to 100 sheets fewer on every make-ready; good for the environment and productivity!
Ultra fast machines deliver quality finishes, fast turn-around times and help us to keep costs down.
- Kolbus KM 610.C 16-station perfect binder
- Wohlenberg City e 16-station perfect binder
- Müller Martini Primera MC 8-station stitcher (x2)
- Heidelberg ST 450 5-station stitcher and cover feeder
- Polar 115/115xt programmatic guillotine with stack lifts (transmat and jogger) (x 4)
- Heidelberg Stahl folding machines with VSA presser stackers:-
* CH66 (x 2)
* TH82 round pile feeder (x 5)
* TH66 (x 2)
* TI-52 (x 1)
* KH82 (x 2)
* KH66 (x 3)
- BOBST SP76-E B2 forme-cutter and creaser
- Heidelberg Cylinder forme-cutter and creaser (x 2)
- Moll Sprint Capacity System for capacity/non-capacity folder assembly (x 2)
- Moll Versa-Fold STP Model for gluing, forming pockets and paper turning
- Autobond Mini 74 THS SAS lamination machine - double sided
- SMIPACK FP560A shrink wrapping machine
Also, equipment for; domino numbering, perforating, drilling, collating and a wide range of hand finishes.
Personalised, short-run, superb colour quality print that can’t be beaten in the digital print world. Additional digital and personalised printing capability is available via our sister company, The Mailing People.
- HP Indigo 12000 B2 digital press (7 colours)
- HP Indigo 7800 B3 digital press (7 colours)
- HP Latex 360 Printer with 8-inch touchscreen and 64-inch roll width
- Foliant Vega 400a laminator
- Horizon CRF-362 creaser/ folder
- Flexa Miura II fully automated wide format trimmer
- Duplo DBMI Saddle System with Duplo DSC 10-60i collator
We deliver direct throughout the South of England using our own fleet of white label vans which means a reliable, flexible and low-cost service for our customers.
- 10 vehicles ranging from transit vans to 7.5 and 18 tonnes trucks
- Forklifts and other handling equipment
* Last updated Feb 2021