Would you like to be a part of our continuing success at Bishops Printers?
Established in 1985, Bishops Printers family business has grown to become one of the largest specialist B2 lithographic and digital print firms in the UK. We are always looking for quality, enthusiastic staff to join our team. If you've got what it takes to join the south's premier commercial printer, we would like to hear from you.
The nature of the print industry makes it a fast-paced environment and every day presents fresh challenges. Your ability to cope in such situations and react accordingly is vital to delivering the high quality of print and service that our customers expect from us. Our customers come in every size and shape, and so do their print requirements.
We always look to promote staff from within, recognising achievement and rewarding members of staff who show potential. Who knows where you could end up?...
Even when we are not actively recruiting, you are invited to email your CV for commercial roles to email@example.com, and for production-based roles to firstname.lastname@example.org for. We can't promise anything, but we will take the time to properly consider your application. Thank you for your interest in Bishops Printers!
Join the team! We are currently seeking...
Graduate Trainee Estimator
We are looking for a Graduate Trainee Estimator to join our busy Estimating team. This exciting opportunity would be well suited for a graduate or college-leaver with three strong A levels, preferably in a business discipline (although as full training is provided, this is not essential).
Attention to detail and good communication skills are necessary to the role, as well as high level of numeracy, good organisational and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and high standards of customer service. Job requirements include:
- Analysis of documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour estimates
- Evaluation of all options for producing a job and provide quotes based on the most economical method
- Revision of estimates as needed due to specification changes
- Performing job cost analysis
- Developing knowledge of materials available and understanding of cost saving opportunities
- Consulting with sales, vendors and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
The starting salary for this role is £19k along with 20 days annual holiday (as well as bank holidays). To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Administration Assistant (Sales Support)
We are seeking a highly motivated, organised and proactive Administration Assistant who is able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The salary for this role starts at £19k, dependant on experience. Working closely with the Sales teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Answering and directing all telephone calls including the reception phone
- Liaising with Sales staff to handle requests and queries
- Sample collecting and organisation
- Providing general Sales support, including posting file copies to customers and adding customers to our CRM system (Workbooks) and booking jobs using Dash and Optimus on behalf of the Reps
- Production chasing for Field Sales Reps
- Sending out phone stats to the team twice a day
- Developing and maintaining a daily filing system
- Providing general support to visitors including greeting, seating and arranging refreshments, lunches etc.
- Ensuring stock is full (i.e water, biscuits) and ensuring that the meeting rooms are tidy and prepped with fresh glasses for the following day.
It is essential that the candidate has fantastic written and verbal communication skills and with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy. The ability to work to deadlines is vital to the role and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and ideally Powerpoint is required. A positive attitude and a good sense of humour is a must-have along with the willingness to learn and adapt to new situations. The candidate must hold a current driving licence. If this is the role for you, apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Account Administrator
This role will suit a smart, organised and efficient candidate with the ability to work well under pressure, and use excellent communication skills to liaise with two of our key customer accounts. Providing a rich, customer-centric experience, the Key Account Administrator will oversee the order process from start to despatch, with particular focus on accurate booking in of jobs through an email portal system. No print knowledge is required as full training will be provided. The salary for this role starts at £19k dependant on experience. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience in Word, Excel and preferably in using a CRM system
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a good sense of humour
- A 'can-do' attitude
We're looking for a positive and enthusiastic member to join our team who will provide excellent customer service, meet or exceed KPIs and objectives and set high standards themselves. This role profile is not exhaustive and may be adjusted over time to meet the changing needs of the business. If you would like to be part of a winning team and contribute to a work environment that promotes personal growth, please apply for this role by sending your CV to email@example.com.
Press Operators (Heidelberg SM 10 Colour Machines)
Due to significant growth we are currently looking to fill a number of vacancies in our Print Department. Ideally we are looking to recruit experienced printers to join our Weekend Night Operators on a continental shift pattern.
The ideal candidate will have experience in operating a Heidelberg SM 10 Colour press, be a team player, able to work in a fast pace environment and flexible in their approach, with the ability to multi task.
Should you be interested in a challenging, secure future in print, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the role.
Experienced Print Finishers
Are you looking for your next career move? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you thrive in constantly changing, forward-thinking environments? Are you an experienced Folding or Stitching Operator? If you've answered yes to these questions we would love to hear from you.
We're growing, improving and investing all the time and we are looking for experienced, enthusiastic and loyal individuals to join our Folding and Stitching teams.
You will have experience of one or more of the following machines - Stahl, Heidelberg and/or Wohlenberg with a good mechanical aptitude and the ability to read, understand and follow instructions.
Self-motivated, you will work well as part of a diverse technical team and you will always exhibit a positive attitude leading by example. There will be a requirement to lift heavy weights and stand for long periods of time.
We are looking for day and night operators with day workers working 42 hours per week on a continental shift pattern, and nights will be 48 hours per week over 4 nights.
The successful candidates will be given comprehensive training and support. There are occasional requests for flexibility and/or the opportunity for overtime.
Please send your CV to email@example.com to apply for the role.