In 2017 we are investing £3 million in our 24/7 operation, which is built on the reliability and consistent quality of industry leading Heidelberg presses and HP’s Indigo. Of our 9 lithographic presses, 5 have 10-colour capability and 3 of these include AutoPlate Change and Inpress Control. The average age of a Bishops’ press is just over 3 years, which means you get consistent colour quality print, reliably delivered at a competitive price.
If you share our passion for print, and commitment to customer service, why not find out what lies behind the Bishops’ way of printing. Why not visit us for a site tour? You are always welcome.
Computerised estimating, order processing, production and stock control mean we deliver an efficient service from inbound enquiry to the finished product.
- Optimus 2020 QS
- Screen PTR 8900 Z MAL B1 plate-setter (for computer-to-plate output)
- Screen 8800 B1 plate-setter
- Heidelberg Prinect v16 Printready JDF workflow system
- Enfocus Pitstop server
- Enfocus Switch
- Apple, G5's (x 4 terminals)
- Apple, iMacs (x 8 terminals)
- Apple Mac Mini
- IBM compatible PC
- Epson Stylus 9900 pro
- Heidelberg Cool Tool v16
- Konica Minolta Bizhub C360 Laser Printer
- Konica Minolta Bizhub C224e Laser Printer
- FTP site with 20Gb of storage space
On-going, heavy investment in our presses means unrivalled print capacity combined with environmentally sensitive processes.
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change and InPress Control (2017)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change and InPress Control (2015)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change and InPress Control (2014)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change (2013)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster XL75 10-colour 5/5 perfector with AutoPlate Change (2011)
- Heidelberg B2 Speedmaster SM74 8-colour 4/4 perfector (2011)
- Heidelberg B2 SX 5-colour (2015)
- Heidelberg B2 SX 74 6-colour 1/5 perfector (2012)
- Heidelberg B3 GTO 52 2-colour
AutoPlate Change slashes the time taken to change a set of ten plates from 15 minutes to less than 5 minutes. Inpress Control is an optional extra we have chosen to invest in as this provides the highest level of electronic colour control, measuring colour on set-up and during the print run to provide perfectly reproduced and consistent images on every job. This feature also reduces waste by using up to 100 sheets fewer on every make-ready; good for the environment and productivity!
Ultra fast machines deliver quality finishes, fast turn-around times and help us to keep costs down.
- Kolbus KM 610.C 16-station perfect binder
- Wohlenberg City e 16-station perfect binder
- Heidelberg ST 450 6-station stitcher
- Heidelberg ST 400 (A3) 8-station stitcher
- Heidelberg ST 450 4-station stitcher
- Polar 115/115xt programmatic guillotine with stack lifts (with transmat and jogger) (x 4)
- Heidelberg Stahl folding machines with VSA presser stackers:-
* CH66 (x 2)
* TH82 round pile feeder (x 3)
* TH66 (x 2)
* TI-52 (x 1)
* KH82 (x 2)
* KH66 (x 3)
- BOBST SP76-E B2 forme-cutting and creasing service
- Heidelberg forme-cutting and creasing cylinder (x 2)
- Moll Sprint Capacity System for capacity/non-capacity folder assembly
- Moll 36” Versa-Fold Model STP
- Fidia capacity/non-capacity folder assembly machine
- Longford CF100 mini card folder
- Autobond Mini 74 THS SAS lamination machine - double sided
- SMIPACK FP560A shrink wrapping machine
Also equipment for: domino numbering, perforating, drilling, collating and a wide range of hand finishes.
Personalised, short-run, superb colour quality print that can’t be beaten in the digital print world. Additional digital capability is available via our sister company, The Mailing People.
- HP Indigo 7800 digital press
- HPL360 64” Latex inkjet printer
- Foliant Vega 400a Laminator
- Horizon CRF-362 creaser
- Duplo DC-646 slitter/cutter/creaser
- Heidelberg T36 Stahl folder with VSA presser stacker
- Duplo DBMI Saddle System with Duplo DSC 10-60i collator
We deliver direct throughout the South of England using our own fleet of white label vans which means a reliable, flexible and low cost service for our customers.
- 10 vehicles ranging from transit vans to 7.5 and 18 tonnes trucks
- Forklifts and other handling equipment
* Last update Oct 2017.
Inpress Control has increased productivity, reduced make-ready times, given us better quality control and reduced our start-up waste by over a third.